Proverbs 4:13 KJV
Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.
Rules and laws are generic however instructions are specific. The instructions given to individuals vary from person to person. There are rules governing every marriage, business, career however each are unique because of the instructions given to the person (s) involved. Two pregnant women can be given different instructions depending on the spiritual or physical conditions.
The mother of Samson couldn’t eat just anything because of an instruction. John the Baptist too was living by instructions. Now this is where many people get it twisted.
1. The instructions you receive from God is often not applicable to another person. If God has instructed you to pray two hours everyday, it does not mean all persons around you should do same. The fact that you did not make love to your wife when you were newly married does not imply that all newly married couples should go the same way.
2. Instructions speak volumes about how you would turn out in life. When you ignore it you jeopardise your influence.
3. Instructions are to be followed to the latter.
4. When instructions become your personal values, you do not struggle to adhere to them.
5. The instructor does not suffer when an instruction is not adhered to. It is the instructed who does.
6. Any self-imposed instructions may not have the blessings of the Lord and may not lead to your progress.
Further Reading: Proverbs 4:20-23
Instruction for any two persons can vary and with diverse ways of accomplishing that instruction, but the most important thing we have to take into consideration is obedience to that instruction we have received to the later.
Thank you my daddy God for your word today. Help me Holyspirit to be quick to know your instructions for my life and to follow them in Jesus name.
Rehoboth Outreach Ministries
Facebook: Solomon Kpodo