R&B star turned gospel musician, Chemphe to release a new song ‘Mi do Yesu’

Pan-African R&B artiste, Henry Agyekum popularly known as Chemphe has switched totally from doing secular music to being a full time gospel artiste. In setting the tone for this development, Chemphe is set to release his brand new gospel song ‘Mi do Yesu’ in March.

The prolific song writer and ‘Why (You dey treat am bad)’ hit maker possesses a loving vocals which he made use of very much in singing R&B and worship songs right from First Baptist School in Tema and subsequently Ghana National College when he was part of the school choir.

Though doing very well in secular music with growing recognition, Chemphe has on countless occasions proved to the masses that he has love and passion for God and one of those moments was in October 2015 when he released ‘Ayeyi (My God is Good)’.

I have always been a gospel artiste with my music but i was beating about the bush with the original intent. We are called by God in marriage and we are to reflect the light unto others. So when people sing love songs they are equally singing the gospel of Christ…but then we all know how the devil will always twist things. He (Satan) has succeeded in making it more emotional and adrenalin driven rather than the agape which is a decision to stay in love.

The father of two who confirmed that his music was 90% clean and Holy Spirit directed is now adding the rest 10% and even more than that, going all out for God this time. He sited several examples of us trying to fulfill our passion instead of looking for what God’s intent for us is.

This is a clear example of peter going after fishes whiles he was born to be a fisher of men. I tell you, many are in the kingdom of God who do not allow God to lead. They are about their future ambitions, even some pastors are preaching messages that will suit them and the congregation and not God. So we have to be careful. Its time to open wide our arms and send the gospel not to the churches but to the world. That is why Christ came.

In conclusion, ‘Mi do Yesu’ produced by Strawberry House Entertainment and mixed by Kaywa for Highly Spiritual Music, will be released in March and its a song that stresses on the greatness in the commandment Jesus gave in Mathew 22 vrs 37. His death and His resurrection is to spring up a real relationship.



You might also like